Monday, February 8, 2010

SD Invades L.A.



Day 1 of Los Angeles Trip:

So, I'm here in L.A. for the world premiere of the new Warner Bros. film, "Valentine's Day."

I flew in this morning... well now, it would be yesterday morning. (The time change has really screwed up my internal clock!) Decent flights coming in with a connection in Houston. I've never been to Texas before, so that was fun flying in! Who knew Houston's airport was so huge? It is nice to see that in an age where most airlines charge for baggage and provide no beverage or snack service, Continental rocked a hearty breakfast of Cheerios, milk, banana, beverage and refills! I, of course, thought this was fantastic!! Also rocked the exit rows on both, so the extra leg room was nice! Other than that, :) nothing earth-shattering to note about the flights.

Landed at LAX, singing Miley Cyrus:

I hopped off the plane at LAX
with a dream and my cardigan
welcome to the land of fame excess, (woah)
am I gonna fit in?

Jumped in the cab,
Here I am for the first time
Look to the right and I see the Hollywood sign
This is all so crazy
Everybody seems so famous...

Anyway... that song is now stuck in my head.


First mission - find good eats. My boyfriend and I are "foodies"... LOVE to find the good eats everywhere we go. And, we love food shows. BIG fans of "Man vs. Food"... totally rocks!! So, we saw this one episode where Adam went to a joint called Phillippe's - home of the famous French dipped sandwiches... so we knew we had to try this place out.

Sandwiches totally lived up to what we hoped for and expected. We rocked the "double dip" which is both pieces of bread dipped in the special meat juice... AWESOME! So delicious. I also tried the potato salad and the macaroni salad... both had a fantastic pickle element... really tasty!! And we topped it off with a slice of cherry pie! YUM YUM! I mentioned I'm a foodie, right? :) LOVED the great eats!

We also rocked the "Walk of Fame" on Hollywood Blvd. Check out some pics:


2 comments:

  1. The Griddle has the most AMAZING breakfast! I highly recommend it if you get a chance to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should aLso check out there sushi i have a question.....is there gonna be a way to wint tickets to go in or anything at all

    ReplyDelete